February 19, 2009

Balmain Spring '09



photo source: www.style.com

I have a small cousin and she will be graduated from middle school in July. All the time she keeps asking me the question what to wear in her graduation party. When I was looking at the new seasons party dresses, I came across Balmain's fashion show in Paris.

In fact, I didn't have much idea about Balmain before I saw its fashion show in Paris Fashion Week. I newly learned that the designer who created those fabulous dresses is Christophe Decarnin.

"The thing that separates Decarnin's Balmain from rehashed tat is the execution. The guy has Parisian couture skills up his sleeve—a super-skinny sleeve, finessed upwards into a brilliant new shoulder with a bump-peaked swagger on jackets and dresses. (The eighties never looked like that.) He's also got to be credited as the person who's set the wagons rolling on western (his fringed high-heel ankle boots were last season's most-hunted objects of footwear desire). Now he's following on with something in the same direction: A black suede gown with a rawhide train blazed a trail that copyists will be following overnight". (taken from: style.com)

Aren't they gorgeous? I wish I had the green mini dress with glitters..:))

See you in another post..

mujuxx..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails