February 23, 2009

And the "Best Red Carpet Dress" Oscar Goes to...

What a shame of me not to watch any of the Oscar ceremonies from beginning to the end until this year. Last night I had a really good night with full of enjoy. Of course the ceremony itself was impressing, but now let me concentrate on the "Red Carpet" since it is more more interesting:)
Before representing my winners of the night, let's have a look at all beautiful ladies on the red carpet.


While I was watching the show, I saw Miley Cryus was the first one that came to Kodak Theatre, which meaned she was ready for the critics. She was wearing a long, shining dress with fluffy skirt designed by Zuhair Murad. In fact I found her dress interesting, the glitters in her dress made her dress fantastic. She was like a little mermaid.

Natalie Portman was absolutely gorgeous in her Rodarte, but I think she needs to put on some weight. In her straples dress, her shoulders and breasts were looking like they belong to a child. But, the lilac dress she chose, her hair, her make-up, everything was fine.

It is a classic that we see Nicole Kidman in a smart dress every time. Nothing more to say about her, she was looking really nice in L'Wren Scott's design. Only one point, I didn't like the bottom part of her dress, small plume like accessories was useless.

You will read my opinions about Penelope Cruz's dress later..:))



Doesn't Alicia Keys' dress looks like similar to Natalie Portman's? Just like Natalie, Alicia also chose a colorful dress which was really harmonious with her skin color. However, her look was a standard one, which we are used to see in several ceremonies. I cannot say that she became the star of the red carpet in her Armani Privé dress.

Due to my observations, Amy Adams was very self-confident while she was walking through the red carpet. In her red dress by Carolina Herrera was smart and attentive. I didn't like the black lines on her breast, they didn't fit with her fabulous necklace. By the way, I must say that her necklace was amazing although I believe she shouldn't have used it with this dress.

Anne Hathaway was looking emaciated inside her Armani Privé, but this couldn't prevent her looking smart and delicate.

For me, Beyonce Knowles was wearing one of the worst dresses of the night. Although she has a beautiful sand glass like body, she was looking heavier than she really was inside that dress. I think the designer of House of Deréon wanted her to look like a mermaid, but both the design and the pattern of the dress was totally wrong!!!



Evan Rachel Wood was wearing a long, beige, chiffon dress by Elie Saab Haute Couture. She was really attentive and looking like a statue with her white, fresh skin and red hair. But she was acting high and mighty while she was on the red carpet and posing.

Although the film which she was starring "Slumdog Millionaire" won the Oscars in 8 branches, Freida Pinto couldn't win my "Best Red Carpet Dress Oscar"..:)) She was looking very Indian in her dress by John Galliano. The dress was a including of oriental details proving she was coming from Asia.

Have you seen another woman looking as much dignified as Halle Berry in this beautiful Marchesa dress? I guess your answer should be NO!! She was great as she always is. Her dress was far away from exaggeration, but it was showing its quality. (Please, take a look at Beyonce's dress, you will get the idea!!)

Heidi Klum never changes her choice in Oscar shows. Just like the previous year, we saw her showing herself on the red carpet with her red dress. Actually, I didn't like the design of her dress which was created by Roland Mouret. The asymmetric cut made the dress banal and cheap. I wish she could have wore a similar dress to the one she wore last year..:S



We already knew that Jennifer Aniston knows how to wear, what to wear, when and where. Her choice from Valentino Couture was absolutely the right one for Red Carpet and the Oscar Ceremony. Everyone was dazzled with her fresh, young and fit look. Love you Jenny!!!

Jessica Biel's dress was one of the designs that I didn't like this year. She was looking gift-wrapped in her beige Prada dress.

Our sweet Rose of Titanic, Kate Winslet won the Oscar at last. I wish she had also won my "Best Red Carpet Dress" Oscar, but neverteless she couldn't. In fact, I liked the design and the color of her dress, but I believe there was something wrong with that dress. Maybe if a woman taller than Kate might have wore that dress, it would be better.

Morien Cotillard, in Christian Dior Haute Couture, was looking really great. I liked the bottom of her dress, the combination of mini skirt and the long black tulles is perfect.




When we look at the picture above, we see the trend of this year's Academy Awards is "Mermaid Look". Marisa Tompei in her Versace dress is an example of mermaid look. I can't explicitly explain why but I think something is wrong with this dress. The amount of fabric used in this dress is too much, it has a long tail makes me think that she will fall down in any minute.

Just like Marisa Tompei's dress, Melissa George's mermaid dress by Dolce&Gabbana couldn't satisfy me. The tail is looking ridiculus, and Melissa's breast is too small for that strapless top.

I think the color choice of Melissa Leo is totally wrong. The copper tone of her dress by Badgley Mischka s so close to her hair color which made her look older than she is.

On the other hand, please look old beautiful lady, Merly Streep. Isn't she look fantastic in her mink colored Alberta Ferretti dress? She definetely shows us what a real lady wears. Her shoulders are looking good although she is getting older. I really liked her dress, perfekto!!!



Sophia Loren in Armani Privé
Taraji P. Henson in Roberto Cavalli

Queen Latifah's dress by Georges Chakra should absolutely be wore by someone thinner. The design of the dress is good but again I belive Dear Queen should try something different next time.

Wow, wow, wow... Here is the style, here is the perfect match, here is the woman!!! Who am I talking about? Do we have any other candidate stronger than Sarah Jessica Parker? Yes, girls. The powerful woman of the city is looking gorgeous again. She is beautiful, cute, sexy and a modern representation of a princess. I loved her dress by Christian Dior Haute Couture.

I really admire Sophia Loren, she looks fantastic in her Armani dress and I believe noone can wear this dress better than her in that age.

Now, it is time for giving my Oscar..:)

As Penelope Cruz won the Oscar, she won my "Best Red Carpet Dress" Oscar. She looks perfect in that vintage Balmain dress, like a "Princess". Good job Penelope, congratulations..:)))


But no,no,noooo I am not done yet. Like the Academy also gives a best supporting actress award, I also have the "Best Supporting Red Carpet Dress" Oscar and it goes to:

Sarah Jessica Parker

photo source: www.style.com

See you in another post..;)
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails